It does not matter why you were arrested in Dallas, the fact that you were arrested at all means you will want to take the best steps to protect yourself.
Once it happens, your mind naturally begins to think worst-case scenario. The immediate reaction is often to panic, or get on your phone and start searching every page of Google. That might be the way in which you reached Gallian Defense Firm.
- However, your first step needs to be consulting with a criminal defense attorney to learn more about your particular case. Finding and hiring the right lawyer is a critical step. A good lawyer will know how to explain the situation you are in. A great lawyer will be able to put your mind and worries at ease.
At Gallian Firm LLC, I want my clients to push their concerns and worries onto my shoulders. That is, after-all, my job. Set up an appointment, and before you come in, write down all of your biggest questions, and let me answer them for you.
IF YOU ARE ARRESTED IN DALLAS
- Do not resist arrest, even if you believe the arrest is unfair. It is your right to remain silent. If you want to remain silent, just say it aloud. If you do not want to be searched, you can refuse to have your car, your home or yourself searched. Even if you are not a legal immigrant, you still have constitutional rights.
- Being arrested in Dallas or any urban area, where those enforcing the law are often stressed and tired, requires that you maintain your cool and be respectful. Controlling your emotions is essential. You will need to
- Say you wish to remain silent and ask for a lawyer immediately. Don’t give any explanations or excuses. Again, keep your cool even if the police or law enforcement tries to push you for more information.
- You have the right to make a local phone call. The police cannot listen if you call a lawyer. It is important to understand these rights.
- Prepare yourself and your family, keep everyone informed and try to be mindful to keep your routine as consistent as possible. The stress of this type of situation will only worsen the situation.
Whether you have been arrested for a state or federal offense, misdemeanor or felony offense, you can rest assured knowing that Gallian Firm LLC has handled your type of case before.